Ricracrabbit on Pinterest

$5 Chess Table Revamp

AFTER (sliding doors still drying)


The key to successful upcycling is to see past pure ugly and picture something fabulous.  My quest is to find cheapo, barely finished, solid wood furniture that has potential.

Since my 7 year old Andrew is Mr. chess right now, I couldn't resist this drab brown folding  table with sliding storage drawers and all the game pieces.  Its fun to imagine the story behind a piece of junk like this. I kept picturing two weathered, white haired men on  a seaside porch playing chess in the 1960's.

BEFORE
Acrylic paint, Mod Podge, scrapbook paper and some patience was all it took. I plan to seal it with acrylic sealer to make it last. This was so much fun to make and Andrew can't wait to challenge Dad to a game of chess on it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!