Ricracrabbit on Pinterest

Gourd Creations

Halloween is my absolute FAVORITE time of year and everyone who has ever known me will agree that I go a bit overboard when it comes to dressing up. I'll have more on that little obsession later, but here is my little creative nugget for October.   My parents grew these awesome gourds and dried them in their garage over the winter. They were moldy and ugly and totally fabulous so I of course was like "ooh.. I want some" and begged them to ship them to me in Tampa to spruce them up in my 100 + degree garage.  Once I sanded off the ucky stuff on the outside, I gave them a fresh coat of paint, varnish and shazam, new decor for my mantel. Aren't they fun? I also have an outdoor set of white ghosts with black eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!