Ricracrabbit on Pinterest

Embroidery Find

I could NEVER have the patience to do this AMAZING piece so when I found it I couldn't believe it was in some random bin the Hospice Thrift Shop in Clearwater, one of my favorite places to find great stuff that has been long forgotten. I picture this silver haired lady painstakingly stitching each feather on this intricate embroidery as she rocked back and forth on her porch. I was so in awe of the details and beauty so I obviously had to have it. I was going to frame it but finally realized that someone else might enjoy it more and sold it on my Etsy shop to a lovely buyer out of state. I think its so cool that the woman who made this is probably in heaven but her art lives on for others to appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!