Ricracrabbit on Pinterest

Recycled CD and Globe Disco Ball




 I'm in charge of VBS decor at my church this year and since the theme is back stage, rock concert, you know I totally needed a disco ball. decided to create one from an old globe and some disks. I started by spray painting the globe silver then hot glued about 20 cut up old CD's and DVD's.  Little suggestion...When you want to break disks, cutting with scissors is the way to go. Don't try to crack them with your hands or snap them since some just bend while others shatter and you'll have projectile plastic shrapnel headed straight for your eyeballs. I got sloppy as I got tired  but if you were a perfectionist, you could cut each disk into little squares and line them up in rows. Totally weird but perfect for pretend play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!