Ricracrabbit on Pinterest

Recycled Fabric Hairbands for a Wonderful Cause



You know... this has to be one of my favorite projects to date. A kind woman from a mom's group event I attended recently had approached me to create hairbands for an orphanage in Africa. The girls there have their heads shaved and don't have many pretty things. I decided I wanted to make them a bit more durable and stain resistant and also designed them with a strip of extra foam under the fabric to make it more comfortable for their bare heads. I also made a few stretchy ones for the younger girls. I just love that the missionaries will bring these girls something truly girlie made with love. My church children's craft group on Monday will be creating some pretty things for the girls at the Children's Home in Tampa. What a fun thing to incorporate into my craft classes in the future too.

If you have a moment, please take a look at the wonderful work this group does for the children in their care. I was really moved to read some of the stories and see the photos of these children and the selfless people who care for them. Here is the link. http://www.treasuresofafrica.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!