Ricracrabbit on Pinterest

Vintage Key Pendant


Here is my latest project using something my dad has been hiding out in that massive red barn of his. You'd never know what lurks out there by looking at the neat red exterior with its rooster weather vain on top... out amongst  the rolling Hunterdon New Jersey hills... but lets say I wouldn't be shocked if the Picker Sisters came a knockin' one day. Of course I can't criticize because I was super excited to be the recipient of several of his crazy collections.. like the 200 identical keys... the vintage bottles and a bunch of other great things he's been keeping for just the right project. Who knew I'd be asking for that stuff years later?

This key creation is an actual REALLY old skeleton key which I coated in a clear acrylic gloss.   I created a  polymer heart pendant by using some rubber stamps and then designed the other little initial tag to complement it. I sewed it all together with ribbon and strung it together with a simple toggle clasp. It might look better on an actual chain but I sort of went with what I had around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!