Upcycled Jeans Tote

Here is a really popular sewing project for young girls. We cut off the jeans at the inseam and realized they were a little small since we were using kid's sizes soooo I had them add a rectangle of fabric on the bottom to create a bigger bag. Next time I would probably use a heavier fabric but the girls didn't really seem to mind and those who made a lining fixed the floppy fabric issue that way. The only challenge with sewing denim is that you need the heavy duty needles or you'll snap a few like we did originally. You have to be careful with those belt loops and heavy seams.  Men's ties would be fun as a strap too!

2 comments:

  1. This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site.
    Baby swim lessons

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site.
    Baby swim lessons

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!